What we believe
Crossroads Christian Fellowship is a Christian church.
- There is one God who created all things. God is a spirit and is perfect, holy, all-powerful and exists outside time.
- As part of a perfect creation, God created mankind in God's own image.
- God is a relational being that gives and wants love.
- God gave mankind the freewill to choose between good and evil because God wanted the people that he created in his own image to love him of their own free choice.
- Mankind chose evil and this evil, which the Bible calls sin, put separation between God and man that was not there when man was created.
- God devised a plan to stop the separation of man from God through sending his own Son to earth to be the sacrifice for the sins of all mankind.
- This man is Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He was born of a virgin woman called Mary around 6 BC in Bethlehem in Israel. Mary became pregnant through the Holy Spirit.
- When Jesus was around 30 years old, he began a ministry in Israel. He spoke of the coming kingdom of God and went around the country teaching and healing many sick people, including raising people from the dead.
- Around the age of 33, Jesus was unjustly sentenced to death by Pontius Pilate and crucified, being the Roman Empire's form of capital punishment.
- The purpose of Jesus' death was so that God could lay upon him "the iniquity of us all". Jesus took the punishment for our sins that we should have experienced. Jesus died for the sins of all mankind.
- On the third day after his death, Jesus rose from the dead and appeared to his followers for a period of about 40 days following his resurrection.
- On the Day of Pentecost, which followed the Passover, during which Jesus was killed, God began the Christian church when the Christian gospel was preached for the first time and he began to pour out the Holy Spirit on all people who wanted it.
- Now all people can be saved and receive the gift of eternal life through believing on the name of Jesus and accepting the sacrifice that Jesus made for them. The way of salvation is open for whosoever will come.
- A person who wants to follow Jesus should follow the instructions given to the crowds on the Day of Pentecost (referred to above) by Peter the apostle. Peter said to the gathered crowd: "Repent and be baptised, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off - for all whom the Lord our God will call." (Acts 2:38 - 39)
- Those who follow Jesus Christ (Christians) are to engage in the building of the kingdom of God. They should show the fruits of the Spirit (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control). They should build the kingdom of God with the assistance of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit (wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, distinguishing between spirits, speaking in tongues and others).
- The good news of Jesus Christ is to be preached throughout the world.
- Jesus Christ will return again, in glory, and sit in judgement of all mankind.
- The Bible is the book that reveals God's will for mankind.